Are you a creative thinker, with a digital-first mindset, a knack for the written word and a love for creating engaging social content? Can you switch gears on a dime, manage projects and deliver in a fast-paced demanding environment? Are you curious about Buffalo’s startup ecosystem and passionate about the Queen City?
If so, you might be 43North’s next Content Marketing Manager.
Working for 43North is an experience like no other. We are on a mission to boost Buffalo’s startup ecosphere by attracting founders through one of the country’s largest startup competitions. From there, we invest in the best and become an extension of their team. Our team is small, scrappy and determined to win. We push boundaries, thrive on creativity, and are driven to succeed. If you like a fast-paced atmosphere where you will be pushed to grow, learn, and develop your skill set, 43North might be the place for you. All you have to do is apply now. It’s happening here.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Content Marketing Manager plays a critical role in the implementation of the 43North marketing plan, while serving as a central resource for the larger team. This individual is responsible for leading the execution of marketing efforts with a focus on the digital space, including social media community management, email marketing, content development, website maintenance and SEO/SEM.
In addition to day-to-day responsibilities, this individual will also play a hands-on role in the competition application period and serve as a key contributor leading up to and during 43North Finals.
Specific responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Develop and implement overall content strategy to drive online engagement and grow audience
- Serve as 43North community manager, creating, sourcing, and posting content for 43North’s organic social media presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Implement 43North’s social media strategy, developing monthly editorial calendars while consistently offering real time perspective and engagement
- Serve as copywriter for 43North content outputs such as newsletters, signage, bylines and other marketing collateral
- Plan and execute digital marketing campaigns, engaging targets via email, paid social and display advertising; tracking performance and optimizing for success
- Develop and implement effective SEO strategies, conducting keyword research, link-building, optimizing content and analyzing/reporting on traffic, ranking etc.
- Manage 43North website, keeping current, making updates to copy or content as needed and analyzing traffic
- Serve as strategic counselor for portfolio companies, offering hands-on support where needed and applicable
- Act as the marketing department tool champion. Master functionality and oversee operation of Google Suite, MailChimp, WordPress, Cision, TV Eyes.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
- 3+ years professional experience in marketing, social media or digital role; agency and/or VC experience a plus
- Outstanding writing skills and experience drafting long and short-form content; headlines, and social posts
- Mastery and technical understanding of social platforms for posting and analysis
- Experience using social/digital tools such as Facebook Business Manager, Google Ads, Hootsuite, SEMrush or similar
- Team-oriented mindset with a positive attitude, collaborative spirit and willingness to pitch in as needed
- Highly organized and highly motivated self-starter with a strong attention to detail
- Passion for startups, Buffalo and economic development
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A chance to contribute to building Buffalo’s entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Unlimited PTO and company holidays
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k enrollment with matching contribution
- Casual work environment in Buffalo’s tech hub at Seneca One Tower