43North, the $5 million startup competition based in Buffalo, NY, is hiring on the Events & Programming team. We are seeking an Events Coordinator to report directly to the Director of Events and Programming. Join our energetic and creative team to produce some of the most fun and impactful events in Buffalo! Salary range: $32,000 – $36,000 (plus benefits) based on experience.
- Must have at least 3 years of event-planning experience (with an excitement to learn more!)
- Ability to work & focus in an open space full of happenings and friendly people
- Must be able to work outside conventional working hours of 9-5
- Have the ability to add creativity and innovation to events of all sizes & audiences
- A strong passion for Buffalo and all that our resurgence is creating
- Experience in graphic design & Adobe Suite
- Strong written abilities for client correspondence
- Love for logistics and an eye for the “small things”
“Nice to Have” Skills/Attributes:
- Experience working with students
- Budget management
- Have an understanding of the Startup and Entrepreneurial Ecosystem in Buffalo & beyond
- Familiarity with Buffalo event venues, vendors, and events
If interested, please apply to [email protected] no later than April, 7, 2017 with:
- Your most recent resume
- Answers to the following questions presented as you desire:
- What is the best event that you have planned? Why?
- What is your favorite event to attend? What makes it so great?
- Why are you the right person for this role and what unique skills do you think you can add to our team?
- If you attended the 2016 43North Finals at Shea’s, what are three things you would do differently or add to the event?