Now more than ever, there is a wealth of information available to entrepreneurs from raising venture capital financing to running and growing a scalable business. Here are some resources that offer valuable perspective for startups:
1. The Startup Owner’s Manual by Steve Blank and Bob Dorf: a detailed, step-by-step guide on building a successful, scalable and profitable startup.
2. Blog by Brad Feld, Managing Director of Foundry Group: An early-stage investor and entrepreneur, Brad is also a co-founder of TechStars. His blog is a wealth of information on entrepreneurship and venture capital.
3. AVC – Blog by Fred Wilson, Managing Partner at Union Square Ventures: Fred’s blog provides helpful commentary on technology, entrepreneurship and venture capital investing.
4. Legal Resource Guide for Start-up Entrepreneurs by Fenwick & West: A helpful guide on the legal considerations of starting a corporation, financing, developing a patent strategy and more.
5. Harvard Business Review, “Marketing is Everything” by Regis McKenna: A world-renowned marketer, McKenna outlines the principles that define the new marketing as technology has created greater customer choice, and choice alters the marketplace.
Dan’l Lewin is Corporate Vice President of Technology and Civic Engagement at Microsoft. Previously, he led Microsoft’s global engagement with startups and venture capitalists. Lewin has spent more than 30 years as a Silicon Valley-based executive, leading sales and marketing divisions for companies including Apple Computer Inc., NeXT Inc. and GO Corp.