Thank you to all who submitted an application for Year Four of the 43North competition! We can’t wait to see who will join our next class of winners in Buffalo in 2018.
As we pass the torch to our panel of judges, you might be wondering what’s in store for the next few months.
We spoke with Dan Greene, Director of Operations, about what judging process looks like for the next few weeks:
Here’s a timeline of the judging process and what you can expect:
- Early June – First round of judging begins.
- Late June – Applicants will be notified if they move on to the Semifinal Round.
- July – Semifinalists will perform live virtual pitches to our panel of judges.
- September – Semifinalists will be notified if they have been selected as a Finalist.
- Early October – Finalists will come to Buffalo and pitch live in front of our judges and audience, and eight Finalists will become 2017 43North winners.
- January 2018 – Year Four winners will set up shop in our downtown Buffalo incubator!
If you have any other questions related to the competition and the judging process, check out our Frequently Asked Questions.
And be sure to check back on our website, YouTube channel, and the following social media accounts to stay up to speed on our judging process and the progress of our past winners in Buffalo!